Sunday, January 16, 2011

Close but no Cigar

Well, I didn't hit my 30,000 word mark for the weekend, but I still think I did pretty damn good and am still proud of myself.  I know 10,000 words in a weekend is a bit ambitious, but it did motivate me to stay focused.  I want to hit 40,000 words by next Sunday, but I know that in order to do that I am going to have to do more writing during the week.  I won't be able to make much of a dent during the week, but every little bit counts.  So I am pressing onward and not giving up, no matter what.

3 comments:

  1. Don't push yourself too hard! If you focus on quantity the quality will fail...

    J. E. Medrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to go against what Medrick says...I do think quality is important but if you're motivated and excited to push, then push hard and let the words flow. It's only if it becomes a real burden that you might want to back off the word count goals, imo. But to each their own, every writer has their own process that's unique to them.

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete