Friday, August 12, 2011

Interview with Tiffany King!!

The talented and amazing Tiffany King gave me the honor of being my first indie interview in the first installment of my Blog Brag!

Her novel Meant to Be is an awesome book and I love, love the cover art!







Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept and without any real friends; the one exception being the boy that visits her each night in her dreams. Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The nightly comfort that the boy provides has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force. Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought. Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets. As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets from their past about their shared connection threatens to separate them just when they have found each other.


















I personally can't wait to read Forgotten Souls!






Here is my interview with Tiffany King!

#1 - What inspired you to write Meant to Be? My daughter was my biggest inspiration for Meant to Be. I wanted to give her a romance novel that she could read and characters she would fall in love with.
#2 - What authors influenced you as a writer? For years when it came to romance novels I was a huge Danielle Steel fan. In recent years my taste has changed and authors like JK Rowling, Stephanie Meyer and many other great YA authors are my biggest influences.
#3 - Tell us 5 random facts about yourself. * I LOVE Diet Coke *I Love Chocolate *I can move my entire house around in one afternoon *If focused, I can read a 700 page book in just under 5 hours. *Spending time with my family (even if they're being aggravating) is still my most favorite thing to do.
#4 - What are you currently reading? I'm reading a couple of books right now: The Forest of Adventures by Katie John & Soul Thief by Jana Oliver.
 #5 - Who is your favorite character out of every book you've ever read? I am a huge Harry Potter geek. Yes, I love all the other characters in the series but Harry is hands down my most favorite.
#6 - Have you ever had writer's block and what do you do to overcome it? I don't usually get writers block, I get more "I want to murder this scene because it's not working out" block. To overcome this, I've learned the best route is to completely start over on that scene.
#7 - What have been the most rewarding and most difficult things for you about self-publishing? The most rewarding part is when someone says they loved my book and recommended it to someone else. To me that's the highest praise imaginable. The hardest part is when someone hated it. Not because I feel everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion, I just feel extremely guilty that I ripped them off of a pleasurable reading experience.
#8 - Can you tell us about anything about what is to come? I of course am getting ready to start the last book in the series and I'm extremely excited to dive in. I can't wait to give the readers what we have all been pushing for since book 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment