Friday, January 27, 2012

Spaghetti Head

Some days I feel like a total noodle brain.

Do you ever feel that way? As a writer I find it incredibly challenging. There is so much constantly going on in my mind, so much that I want to write, so many creative ideas that I feel like I am always battling with myself. Always fighting myself for what story I should write next.

It gets really frustrating.

Right now, I've got ideas for at least 7 series and with every fiber of my being I wish I could just sit down and write them all. But I can't. I have to write them one at a time. My brain just thinks that's too slow!

Am I the only one having this problem?

I don't have writer's block, I have writer's overload.

Lately I've been trying to focus on writing, Chaos, Book 2 in my Agents of Evil series, 

but

I've been getting ideas for 2 other series, on top of the 7 I already have in my hand that want out.

I try to outline as much as possible to help get the ideas out, so I can focus but it doesn't seem to be helping. I also don't want to completely forget these ideas either, so I am at a crossroads. 

How do I focus on one book, without dismissing or forgetting ideas for other books if they pop into my head?

1 comment:

  1. I get this way too- each story I write represents one I had to ignore- hopefully some day we'll find a way of writing 3 novels at once, huh?

    ReplyDelete